Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Eating (and eating) and running.

So, wow. I sometimes have to wonder how it is possible to consume So. Much. Food. over the course of so few days. I mean, gingerbread cookies, Christmas chip cookies, chocolate crinkles, trifle, monkey bread, that white chocolate-cereal-pretzel mix stuff. Not to mention Christmas brunch, Christmas hors d'oeuvres and Christmas dinner.

Yeah, I ate a lot. And then I ate some more.

Fortunately, I ran a good bit, too. I extended my long run to 6.5 miles, ran a hilly, chilly 4.5 miler at 8:45 pace, and logged a few easy runs. And with that, the scale stayed right where it was the week before. Thanks, running!


Now, I'm prepping for New Year's Eve, which will undoubtedly include more eating and, I hope, more running!

I have to say, though, I've enjoyed it all. I love the goodies of the season -- who doesn't? But, now it is time for normal eating again. Oh, well . . . I'll miss you, cookies. And you, too, white chocolate-cereal-pretzel mix stuff!


*     *     *


So, non-food related question for you all: If you've used McMillan to estimate your race times, have you found it to be fairly accurate? I input some times to see where I should be for the half-marathon and I'm just wondering what other's experiences have been. THANKS!

Happy Wednesday!

~ Felice



10 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like you have just been "fueling" well =) I haven't tried McMillan but it seems interesting, hope it's correct!

Lori Lynn said...

I indulged quite a bit during the holiday season as well, and am trying to get back on track!

TNTcoach Ken said...

I've used Mac for training pace but not race pace and I am staying away from the scale....

Shawn said...

Oh dear - I know exactly what you mean. I baked about 12 dozen cookies and 2 pounds of fudge, and ALL had to be taste tested before giving them away!

Molly said...

I'm just trying to make it until New Years, then everything sweet is going in the trash!

Christina said...

I haven't use the Mcmillan so I can't comment on that.
And yes. I ate a lot and more this past few days.
The sweets need to be tossed into the trash!

Unknown said...

Kudos to you for having the guts to STEP on the scale. I'm weaning myself back to healthy food - I made friends with broccoli again today.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Fruit Fly said...

I totally hear you on being ready for 'normal' food again! I was in heaven with all of the Thanksgiving leftovers my mom sent home with me. After a few days I just really wanted pizza or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Anything but mashed potatoes and stuffing!

Just think, after this weekend we'll all be back to normal and probably sick of all the cookies!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I like to use the McMillan chart and find the times are very close to what I run for the 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon and marathon. I think the chart's great! Happy New Year!

Stevie said...

I have read some of your blog, and you are certainly an inspiration. I have always wanted to be not only a runner, but a passionate runner. I am neither at the current moment, but would love any help you could give me about how to "get into running". I don't know where to start at all!
sfm2887@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...