Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November recap.

Since October was taken up with giving birth and taking care of a newborn, my mileage was low. So, in November, there was no where to go but up.

And up it went!

I feel as if I ran a lot in November, making the most of every opportunity. One thing I've learned since having another baby is that I need to be more flexible with my routines. In the past, I would make sure to eat 1.5-2 hours before a run. Now, though, that doesn't fly. I can try to keep to that routine, but it doesn't always work. When I was at my mother-in-law's for Thanksgiving weekend, for example, I had an opportunity to run only a half hour after eating breakfast. I didn't know if I would be able to run later, and actually highly doubted it, so I went for it, full belly and all.

The other thing I've learned is to be prepared and not dilly-dally. Evenings when I plan to run when Owen gets home, I'm dressed and ready to go as soon as he walks in the door. That also means I've fed and changed Niall and have him ready to be peaceful while I'm gone (ha ha!) and I have prepped or completely made dinner. So far, it is working.

And now, here's how the month looked.

November stats:

Running (miles): 64.8
Cross-training (sessions): 4

Considering September and October were each 21 mile months, that 64.8 looks pretty good!

And now, bring on December! It's the month of my first post-preggo race (and you already know I'm super excited) -- but what about you? Big plans for December?

~ Felice

17 comments:

Fifty K said...

Wow great November considering the new baby! Being flexible will help! Here's to a great December!

Jen Feeny said...

Welcome back to mileage girl!!! Congrats on a great comeback post-partum!!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

I also have to make sure dinner is done, kids are happy, I'm dressed and can be ready to take off for the gym or a run right away or by the time 7:00 rolls around I am just TOO tired! I managed to get the gym last night at around7ish and bust out some 400 repeats on the TM but I was pretty exhausted from the day with kids. Sounds like you have just jumped right back in! Good for you. My December plans on just to keep building a base, getting back some speed, and continuing to heal my hamstring. Good luck with your fist post preggo race!

Joanne said...

Great going for November.
Good luck with being ready to race out the door, 1st opportunity. You must always be psyched to put in some miles. good for you. :)

Joanne said...

Great going for November.
Good luck with being ready to race out the door, 1st opportunity. You must always be psyched to put in some miles. good for you. :)

Denise said...

i guess we'll let you slide for october, you sort of had a lot going on. nice work getting right back into the swing of things, though!!

Emz said...

GREAT November numbers!!

YAY YOU!!

KovasP said...

Sounding very organized! Nice job.

Lindsay said...

I think about that sometimes - how moms/parents have to squeeze runs in. I am terrible at dilly dallying and postponing other things so I can go for a run when I'm (finally) in the mood. I don't know how you do it!! Great stats :)

Aron said...

NICE job! I am so impressed by moms, especially moms with NEW babies, who are able to keep up the routine. you are awesome :)

Marlene said...

Awesome job with November! You are adapting very well to being a running-mom-to-2! :)

J said...

You are doing great juggling your family and running!! Hope December is an even better month! I am hoping to just start running again in December!

Stacey said...

Nice numbers! Sounds like December will be a great month as well!

Unknown said...

Sounds like November was awesome; and like you're adjusting well with the little one. Good stuff!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Felice Devine said...

Amanda -- 400s at 7 after a day w/the kids?!?! You go!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I love the routine. My days go sooo much better when I stick to the routine. Hubbs keeps forgetting how much young kids NEED that structure (and crazy running mommies too). My littlest now tell me when he wants to go to bed...in MY bed. Thanks to daddy.
You are amazing in your post prego running. Keep it the great work!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I love the routine. My days go sooo much better when I stick to the routine. Hubbs keeps forgetting how much young kids NEED that structure (and crazy running mommies too). My littlest now tell me when he wants to go to bed...in MY bed. Thanks to daddy.
You are amazing in your post prego running. Keep it the great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...