Monday, May 23, 2011

Advantages.

I took advantage of a lot of opportunities over the past few days.

Owen was away for the weekend. He left Friday around noon, when I was with the boys at Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party (who, by the way, freaks my almost 4 year old right out. Who knew? Not me, apparently. Yikes.), and didn't get back until late Sunday afternoon. Since my treadmill is kaput (boo!) I would not have the chance to run while he was out of town.

No matter. Before he took off and I went to the party, Owen said he would stay with the boys so I could go for a run. I took advantage of the opportunity and ran 4.5 quick-n-easy miles. What a treat to run in the morning and then actually get to take a shower.

That night, I took advantage of being husband-less and had some great girlfriends over for a moms night after the kids went to bed. I can't think of when the last time all 5 of us were together, so Friday was a much needed fun night. There were laughs:

Bridget and Stacey, laughing, shaking, and pointing.
On Saturday, Conal had his soccer photos and then we went to play at a playground and have a picnic. We also built extensive train tracks around the living room and read a bunch of books. After the boys went to bed, I took advantage of not being able to run and did some Exercise TV workouts. My arms are still cursing thanking me.

And then it was Sunday. Conal was ready for Owen to be home and so was I. When he got home in the afternoon, he was ready to spend some time with the boys so I took advantage of my free time and went out for a long(ish) run. Then I came back, showered, whipped up some grub and we all sat together for a nice family dinner.

Today, Owen had to stay home to do some work. He finished earlier than he thought he would so before he headed in to the office, he asked if I wanted to go for a run. Although I didn't have a run on the schedule for today, I sure as heck took advantage of the opportunity to run and went for an easy run in the wind.

Yep, I take advantage, whenever I can.

You never know what will happen tomorrow, folks, so run today!


Hope you all had a great weekend -- happy Monday!

And, hey! It's the last week of voting so, yeah, please?





THANKS!!!

~ Felice

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great all that all sounds! YAY for fun with the girls!!

B.o.B. said...

Good way of looking at things. Instead of dreading that run, take advantage of it when you can get it!

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

My son is terrified by Chuck E too! After we went to a party there last month he said he never wanted to go back. Um, Ok!!

Marlene said...

Sounds like a great couple of days! Got to love an unexpected opportunity to run!

macnic said...

Our kids are the same ages, and I know what you mean about taking the time when you get it. I'm finally learning this lesson! Great use of time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...