1. I went to our local Fleet Feet's Diva Night last night and met up with two friends, Darlene and Suzy. It was great to spend some time with them not all hot and sweaty from running! We enjoyed a little Prosecco, a lot of cheese and did some shopping. I also did a little winning, scoring a cute Brooks t-shirt!
I got to choose between the tee and the shorts and went for the t-shirt. I already had my eyes on a pair of black and gingham Nike shorts so I didn't need the aqua pair. Plus, they wouldn't really go with the rest of my running apparel. Ha!
2. I'm excited to run my first 5K since waaaaay back in December on Sunday. It's the Mother's Day 5K -- I ran it last year when it was a 3.5-miler. They've changed it up a bit this year but it will still be fun. It's a nice way to celebrate Mother's Day.
3. Since I can't go into a race without some goals, I have a few for Sunday. I ran my first post baby 5K (the one in December) in 25:50 so you can be sure that I want to beat that time. Truthfully, I'd like to do more than just beat it. So, here are my goals:
C Goal: 25:49 or better (to beat my December time)
B Goal: 24:20 or better (a 7:50 pace)
A Goal: 23:59 or better (to get back to the 23s, putting me in good shape for my race on June 4th)
4. My little guy is still sick, but he's getting better. I'm hoping to get him outside in the sunshine and nice weather today to kick this thing totally out. We're sick and tired of him being sick and me being tired. And, you know, I need something new to talk about.
5. Don't forget to enter my USA Fit Albany giveaway -- you can win a free membership to the USA Fit Albany training program! Yes, it is for Albany-area runners. But, it's an awesome program so spread the word!
OK, folks. Have a great weekend. And happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!