Friday, May 6, 2011

Five things Friday.

1. I went to our local Fleet Feet's Diva Night last night and met up with two friends, Darlene and Suzy. It was great to spend some time with them not all hot and sweaty from running! We enjoyed a little Prosecco, a lot of cheese and did some shopping. I also did a little winning, scoring a cute Brooks t-shirt!


I got to choose between the tee and the shorts and went for the t-shirt. I already had my eyes on a pair of black and gingham Nike shorts so I didn't need the aqua pair. Plus, they wouldn't really go with the rest of my running apparel. Ha!

2. I'm excited to run my first 5K since waaaaay back in December on Sunday. It's the Mother's Day 5K -- I ran it last year when it was a 3.5-miler. They've changed it up a bit this year but it will still be fun. It's a nice way to celebrate Mother's Day.

3. Since I can't go into a race without some goals, I have a few for Sunday. I ran my first post baby 5K (the one in December) in 25:50 so you can be sure that I want to beat that time. Truthfully, I'd like to do more than just beat it. So, here are my goals:

C Goal: 25:49 or better (to beat my December time)
B Goal: 24:20 or better (a 7:50 pace)
A Goal: 23:59 or better (to get back to the 23s, putting me in good shape for my race on June 4th)

4. My little guy is still sick, but he's getting better. I'm hoping to get him outside in the sunshine and nice weather today to kick this thing totally out. We're sick and tired of him being sick and me being tired. And, you know, I need something new to talk about. 

5. Don't forget to enter my USA Fit Albany giveaway -- you can win a free membership to the USA Fit Albany training program! Yes, it is for Albany-area runners. But, it's an awesome program so spread the word!

OK, folks. Have a great weekend. And happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! 

~ Felice

12 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Good luck in your race!! Hope your little guy gets better ASAP

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

good luck this weekend!! You will do fabulous!!

Hope the little guy gets better!!

Yay for winning a cute shirt!! :)

Denise said...

good luck this wknd!! run hard!

{will run for margaritas} said...

1st off, Happy Mother's Day!! Enjoy your special day!
2nd, Good luck with your 5k! I have a feeling you are going to get your "A" goal! Can't wait to read all about it!
3rd, the Diva's night sounds so fun! I should organize one at my local running store.

Darlene said...

You will kick butt on Sunday. See you at the beginning cuz I won't see you at the end (I'll be way behind!)

Marlene said...

Diva Night sounds fun, and bonus that you won a shirt!

Good luck at the 5K.

Tricia said...

good luck!

Suzy said...

It was great catching up with you last night! GL this weekend.

Quix said...

Diva night sounds like a blast!!! Have a great 5k, you will kick butt!

Lora Abernathy said...

Hey, good luck tomorrow!

Felice Devine said...

Thank you, all! I will definitely go after that A goal!

Lisa said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you have a great time at the race and your little guy is feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...