Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday, not shoe day.

My plans to go to Fleet Feet to buy new shoes today fell through. My little guy is sick (boo! hiss!) so dragging him out to the store didn't seem to be such a good idea. Running shoes . . . baby's health . . . running shoes . . . baby's health . . . Yeah, baby's health won out. He napped, I stayed ever vigilant to wiping his (constantly) runny nose.

I'll get those new shoes someday. Really. I will.

In the meantime, I've been getting ready for my first post-half marathon race on Sunday, writing articles (about Mother's Day gifts, the upcoming Freihofer's Run for Women, and this cool race in Williamsburg, VA), and trying to ignore the body aches and pains that may or may not be flu-like symptoms that I may or may not be able to rid myself of through my tried-and-true cocktail of vitamins c and d. And, perhaps, a night with more than just a few hours of (very interrupted) sleep.

Man, sleep would be nice.

You can't always get what you want, though, right? Right. So, instead I'll hope to get out for an easy run this evening and maybe that will give me some energy and shake out the achy-ness. Fingers crossed!

Now, back to taking care of the babe. I'll cuddle the crankiness away!

Thanks for stopping by --

~ Felice

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Aw, I hope the little guy feels better soon... and that you can get yourself some new shoes!

JC said...

I need to get new shoes too! I've not been to the fleet feet in Albany yet. Planning my first trip this weekend! :)

Tricia said...

Hope he feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Hope you and the baby feel better! And, that you get those new shoes. Yikes, I need some, too!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Felice Devine said...

Thanks! I really hope he feels better soon because last night was awful -- he was up all night just wanting to be held and nursed. Neither of us got much sleep! Today should be better (fingers crossed!).

GadgetGirl said...

Just found you! I'm in Upstate NY too...although way more upstate. But I do run the Hudson-Mohawk Half and the Pumpking Run down your way. :) Glad to have found you and excited to follow your adventures. I want a half-marathon PR like yours!

Felice Devine said...

Great! Welcome :-)

Hey -- be sure to check out my newest post because I'm giving away a training program for the half!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...