Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shoes and sleep.

File this under: Fortuitous.


So the baby was sick yesterday and I couldn't go running shoe shopping. Wah. But! Good thing because yesterday evening I learned that Somnio FINALLY has my shoes in stock! Yes, after 5 months of waiting and waiting for that little "out of stock" label to disappear from the Self Control product page, it finally has. I can now order away.

My feet can hardly wait to wear these bad boys!
Good thing, too. For last night's run I wore my old, worn out Somnios and while they felt better than the newer Mizunos and Brooks I've been relying on lately, they are in rough shape. Just about 500 miles will do that to a shoe.

Now, I never want my baby to be sick but, you know, had he not been ill I would have gone to Fleet Feet with friends yesterday and bought a different pair. And then kicked myself.

However, unrelated to the shoes, my poor little guy was up all night. All. Night.

OK, I exaggerate. There was an hour-long stretch in there when we both slept. It was a wonderful little hour. And there were some 20 and 30 minute stretches of fitful sleep that I shouldn't even really count as sleep but I guess when you're desperate you'll count anything.

So, yeah, coffee and I are good friends today. Running? Hmm, not sure. We'll see how my body holds up as the day goes on.

*     *     *

Hey -- have any of you run the Philadelphia Half Marathon or the Adirondack Half Marathon (in Schroon Lake)? I'm looking for feedback on those two races. I've heard great things about the Adk, Philly looks fun, too.

Let me know what you think of those races, if you've run them. Thanks!

Have a good day, everyone --

~ Felice

14 comments:

Marlene said...

YAY! Sometimes things just work out. You must be so excited to get your new Somnios!

I'm running Philly Half in November!

Denise said...

i run the philly half in september every year. it's probably my favorite race. i usually do the full in november but this year i'm doing the half instead. any race in philly is good...b/c philly is awesome and you should come run here! :-)

J said...

I have heard the ADK half/marathon is pretty but the marathon is tough. not sure which part of the race the half course follows but I know there is hills in the beginning and the end of the full course. I love running around that lake - it is so pretty!

The Jesse said...

i dont know much about the Adirondack marathon EXCEPT that my aunt is the on the committee! i have two aunts that live in schroon lake :) its on my bucket list to do sometime if i can ever make it back to NY during that time of year!

Carrie said...

My first half marathon was the philly half in september. Good experience for me! I wish more of the course had been downtown so it passed more quickly, because basically after that its an out and back. I LOVED the first 6 miles, hated the next 3 and then loved the last 3! Prob just me. Looking at the course from the one in Nov, I think I would like that course a lot better! That's just my measley opinion, I would do either again though! I also have great friends that have done the Adirondack half and marathon and LOVED it! Beautiful!

chris mcpeake said...

new shoes ... thats sweet

Felice Devine said...

I might just have to run the ADK AND the Philly half...

ajh said...

I"m strongly considering the Adirondack Race and prob. not Phil. although it is in my radar too. Adir. is scenic and hilly I believe. Darlene is signed up for it I think.

Bridget said...

Who are you kidding. We are doing both.

Felice Devine said...

Ha! You said it, baby!

Teamarcia said...

Gosh I remember those sleepless days/nights. Tough times, but time flies.
Yay for new Somnios!

I've heard great things about Philly and I'll be there!

Laura said...

Yay for new shoes! Sorry about the sleep though...hope he is feeling better!
I have done the Philly half and it's awesome. It was my second one - great crowds, not too hilly. It's run with the full, so it definitely has a lot of people participating.
And just wanted to say THANK YOU - I received my Sony walkman yesterday! Can't wait to figure it out and take it on a run!

Little Miss Runshine said...

I'm running the philly marathon! I've heard it's a lot of fun! (the marathon/half marathon) :)

Anonymous said...

The Philly half marathon is my favorite of all! I have done it three times and I love it!!! This year, I am doing the full and I cant think of a better race.

come here...come here...come here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...