Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cushy ride.

My love affair with my Somnios has come to a bit of an abrupt end. It's not that I fell out of love with them, because I didn't. I loved them to the end.

It's that they left me. Left me high and dry.

With 460 miles on my shoes, I went to the Somnio web site (the shoes aren't sold locally) to order another pair but had no luck. Every shoe on the site was listed as out of stock. So, I went to their Facebook page and read a bunch of comments about how the company was out of business. An email to the company went unanswered.

High and dry.

Time to move on and switch shoes!

Sunday afternoon I hit my local Fleet Feet, slightly nervous about having to pick out a new pair of shoes. I shouldn't have worried because I had a great experience, as usual. I tried on several pairs of light stability shoes, running in each pair in the parking lot. After a lot of back and forth and adjusting this and that, I settled on these slick cats:



I don't think I've had a pair Nikes since I was in college. Dunno why -- just was never a Nike runner. I love the Nike Tempo shorts and the sports bras are good. But I've worn other running shoes for years, never Nikes.

I'm a convert.

For real.

These Nikes (Zoom Structure?) kinda rock. They are light and cushy and make my feet feel like they are being lovingly swaddled by all sorts of running gear goodness. I've worn the shoes on two runs so far and they've felt terrific.

Yay for new running shoes!

Have a great evening, everyone.

~ Felice

PS: Last day to enter the Shutterfly giveaway!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love new running shoes, although picking a new style is not always fun! Your new shoes are gorgeous!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

It's time for me to switch to a new brand and I can not tell you the anxiety it gives me. Probably because I'm currently running in a pair of New Balance that I hate but was stuck with because I wore them so the store wouldn't take them back. I hope that I can find a new pair that I love like you did :)

J said...

I haven't worn Nike's since my first year of college - we had to get them for the bball team and we got shox and they were the worst. I think Nike has come a long way since then, but I always feel like my feet were too wide for Nikes.

Suzy said...

I'm so glad you found a pair of shoes that will be awesome for you. I haven't had Nikes in ages either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...