Monday, November 7, 2011

The glamorous runner.

So . . . way back in 2010 when I was very pregnant, I entered HealthyLife magazine's search for cover models. (The magazine is published by the Albany newspaper, the Times Union.) 

I had to submit a photo of myself doing something healthy (a sent in a running photo -- of course!) and write an essay about my healthy life. I wrote about how I was running during my pregnancy and how I started the new runners group to train several non-runners for their first 5K.

Whatever I said, worked, because I was chosen! I had my photo shoot in September and "my" issue came out last week. Here's the cover:


That's me!
I feel like such a glamour girl!

The whole thing was a ton of fun. I was pampered at a local salon where I received highlights, lowlights and a new hair-do. Then I had a few fun outfits picked out for the shoot. The day of the shoot I had my hair and makeup done at that same salon (thanks, Kimberley's Day Spa!), and then spent all afternoon being photographed. I've never had so much hair spray in my hair, nor have I ever spent so much time in front of a camera!

Like I said, it was fun. I even got to wear some kickin' high boots:

Yeah, I need a pair of high wedges!
And a lot of clothing that I could never, ever wear in my current day-to-day life. Can you imagine what would become of this white coat after living just one day with a toddler and preschooler?


Yeah, there's no way I could keep that clean!

Anyway, if you're interested in the article you can check it out HERE and HERE. You can even see a few "behind the scenes" photos, like me getting my makeup done. Ooooh, exciting!

One thing I will say is that I wish the article included more about my running while pregnant. I really wanted to convey how important I think it is to stay active when you are pregnant -- and I wanted to show that running is not something pregnant women should be afraid of. It's so healthy to keep running during pregnancy (provided, of course, you were running before getting pregnant and you don't have major complications). But, the article did touch on it, so I'm happy about that.

Overall, it was a great experience. Now, back to my real jeans-and-fleece-pullovers life!

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Felice 

21 comments:

Michelle said...

You look fantastic!

B.o.B. said...

how cool! ditto to what michelle said.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

How fun! You look great! I biked when I was pregnant, oh, about 23 years ago!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Congratulations! You look amazing and I am sure you inspired and educated a lot of families about leading a healthier lifestyle.

Karien P. said...

How exciting and fun! You look great!

Marlene said...

You look GREAT and how fun is that!!

Indi said...

You look fabulous!!! Hot momma!

Denise said...

that is so cool! congrats and you look great. they picked the perfect person!

The Erwells said...

Felice... you are a beautiful inspiration to us all!

RunToTheFinish said...

YEAHHHHH congrats!!! way to go and seriously those photos are AMAZING!!

Tami mommy of Ten said...

Well Felice, they didn't emphasis the whole running during pregnancy thing however you personally encouraged me to do it!:) Kudos to you!!

Tami mommy of Ten said...

Well Felice, they didn't emphasis the whole running during pregnancy thing however you personally encouraged me to do it!:) Kudos to you!!

Chic Runner said...

You look AMAZING! Congrats on such an exciting cover story :)

Quix said...

Woohoo! Can we say we knew you when? :) Love the outfit!

ajh said...

You look great! Congratulations!

Gillian said...

What a fantastic adventure that must have been. I think you just fulfilled a lot of women's dreams - who doesn't want to be a cover model! Congrats on a great spread, and in particular for spreading a great message.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! You are famous...and you look fabulous!

Fruit Fly said...

Wow - that is very, very cool. Congratulations!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I came home last night to find my wife reading the magazine. I was like "Hey! I know her!". Totally wild to see your picture on it. :)

Lindsay said...

you look great! i love the outfits. i need someone to just provide me with cute outfits like this... and of course just borrow them so that i don't have to clean them, fold them, hang them up... lol

Suzy said...

Our very own celebrity!! You look amazing. Congrats on being the cover model.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...