Friday, March 16, 2012

Five things Friday.

1. My post-20 miler recovery has been perfect. In fact, I've felt great ever since finishing the run. I kept thinking some DOMS would sneak up on me at some point during the week but, nope, that never happened. I got in three good runs this week -- all on the treadmill, unfortunately, even though the weather was great. A 6.5-mile tempo run on Tuesday, 5.1 easy miles with the last mile at marathon goal pace on Wednesday, 4.1 easy miles yesterday.

2. Tomorrow is all about speed! I'm running a 4-mile race, the Runnin' of the Green, and I'm hoping for a speedy time. I have a time goal that I would really like to hit and if I do I'll feel like my legs still have the speed they need to break 3:45 in the marathon. I'm hoping I'll have the luck of the Irish on my side tomorrow!

3. Since I'm racing on Saturday, I don't have a long run on my schedule this week. It feels weird not to be gearing up for 16, 18 or 20 miles. Instead, I will race tomorrow morning, go for a recovery run in the afternoon (for a total of 9-10 miles tomorrow) and then run an easy, short run on Sunday. Nothing crazy.

4. Wowza:


I needed new running shoes -- my current ones have about 400 miles on them. I love the Nikes that I've been wearing but when I went in to Fleet Feet on Monday to buy the same pair, they didn't have my size. So they ordered a pair for me and -- GULP! -- they are bright pink.

Bright. Pink.

Holy cow. Think they'll work with my green compression socks? We'll see . . . I might have to splurge on some new coordinating gear, though. Pink top. Pink shorts? Maybe I should stick with pink lip gloss.

5. Do you like Larabars? Want to get some for free? Check out my giveaway HERE.

Have a great weekend, everyone!


~ Felice



8 comments:

Darlene said...

Love the pinks shoes. Good luck tomorrow.

B.o.B. said...

glad to hear your legs feel good post 20! that's awesome. :)

good luck at your race. and have a great weekend!

Bridget said...

Those shoes crack me up! I am thinking a pink outfit for NJ is definitely a must!

BLESS YOUR HEART said...

Love the new shoes!!!! Erica

Tina @ Best Body Fitness said...

LOVE the pink!! I'm all for bright shoes, though. ;)

Lora Abernathy said...

That color is pretty crazy, but if they work and keep you injury free, who cares? Hope you had a great race.

Taryn said...

LOVE the color of those shoes!! SO AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the color of those shoes!! SO AWESOME!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...