1. You do laundry All. The. Time. and 90% of it is your running clothes.
2. Your nightmares about being late/unprepared for the marathon have progressed from the simple fear of "Eeek! I forgot to pack my running shoes!" to the more complicated "OK. I forgot my running shoes, sports bra, gels, and my water bottle. I'll tape the bottom of my feet so I can still run. I'll forgo the bra. Let me see if there is anyone I can sweet-talk into giving me gels and water . . . " Tape the bottoms of my feet? Who does that?
3. You buy snacks based on their potential ability to help keep your young sons happy while you run on the treadmill.
4. You buy gels by the 24-count box. And still run out.
5. One of your most visited sites on your browser history list is the McMillan Running Calculator.
6. You go out for drinks with your girlfriends who are also training for the marathon and you spend hours talking about that training.
7. Your biggest concern about an upcoming weekend away is how you'll fit in your 16-miler.
8. Nine miles on a Saturday seems like a short day.
9. You stress about race day weather. Starting 16 weeks before the race.
10. You fear that training success could jinx you on race day and spend hours contemplating how to avoid that.
Yup, that's how you know you're training for a marathon.
New Jersey Marathon, I'm coming at ya!
Thanks for stopping by!