Thursday, March 1, 2012

Short month, long runs: A February recap.

At the beginning of the month, I recapped January and wrote about how February had a lot to live up to. Looking back, I'm happy to report that it was successful. Not only did February live up to January, I'd venture to say it surpassed it! It was a short month full of long runs. And good ones, at that!

I upped my mileage this month, with long runs of 15.1, 17, and 18 miles. I also ran a right-on-target 11 mile race and had two decent tempo runs and one good speed workout. I've also found that running 5 days a week works well for me. I take two rest days each week where I don't do anything close to running. Sometimes I'll do a kettlebell workout, or some weights/squats/lunges/push-ups but that's about it.

February stats:

Running (miles): 134.9
Racing: 1 -- The Winter Marathon Relay (11-mile leg) 
Cross training: 7


That monthly mileage is my highest monthly mileage EVER. As in, my whole life. Considering I have even longer runs on the plan for March, and there are two additional days, I'm expecting I'll be able to report another lifetime high this time next month. 


9.5 weeks to the marathon! But who's counting?!?!


Thanks for stopping by. Have a good day!


~ Felice

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Congrats on another great running month! I am counting! I am living my running dreams though the SRMs... I can't wait til May 6!!

Taryn said...

Awesome mileage!! Way to go!!

Michael said...

That is some great mileage for the month...and short one at that! More importantly, it doesn't sound like you had to really stretch or kill yourself to accomplish that..just steady work 5 days a week. Congrats !

Mom's Home Run said...

Well done! Especially since you had less days to run.

Bill Fine said...

great month! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

How many months have 28 days?

Anonymous said...

How many months have 28 days?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...