Monday, December 17, 2012

Reflect some light.

This weekend I was grateful . . .

  • when my 5-year-old got off the bus -- safe and sound -- on Friday . . . 
  • for a long run with a good friend (thanks, Bridget!) . . . 
  • for the smiles on my boys' faces when they got home from their Saturday morning outdoor adventure . . .
  • for home-baked Christmas cookies . . .
  • to be part of a religious community that vibrates positivity . . .
  • for an enjoyable Sunday dinner with the family . . . 
  • for all of my loved ones -- my family and friends, near and far!

It's just a short list. I know there is plenty more that I can -- and should -- be grateful for. 

But today, and always, I want to focus on what I can control and what is important, right, and good in my life. I can't do anything change any tragedy that has already happened. I must do what I can. And what I can do is try to reflect some light, because where there is light there can be no darkness.








Shine on, my friends. Shine on!

~ Felice





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing! This is just beautiful. I was so happy to get to the school and see my kids. Enjoy your day~

Latter-day Runner said...

One thing I can and will do to reflect light is dedicate my next marathon (Newport, OR 6.1.2013) to the 26 innocent people killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary. 26 people. 26 miles. Instead of writing pacing splits on my arm, I will write 26 names. I invite all marathoners to do the same. ~Nikkei Meline

Becky at Prairie Runner said...

Thank you for your beautiful post - so important to remember that there are so many good things in the world! I am hoping to reflect my love for learning and love on my students and my own children today and every day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...