Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Local Love: Saratoga Peanut Butter Company

I love peanut butter. 

Maybe not as much as my 4-year old does but, yeah, I love it. PB&Js, peanut butter cookies, any sort of ice cream that includes a swirl (or more) of peanut butter -- it's all good in my book.

My new peanut buttery love? Adirondack Jack from the Saratoga Peanut Butter Company.

Oh, wow

Wow.

No, really. WOW.

Saratoga Peanut Butter Company recently sent me two jars of peanut buttery goodness to try out:


Blizzard Butter and Adirondack Jack
I took one look at the list of ingredients in Adirondack Jack and I knew which jar to open first. Almonds? Dried Cranberries? Cinnamon? Dash of honey? Yeah, I'm in.

All in.

Mmm . . . chunks of nutty cranberry yumminess:


It tastes as good as the list of ingredients sounds!

I tried some of the Adirondack Jack straight out of the jar. I know . . . so gauche. I kinda couldn't help myself. It was good. So then I tried some on toast. It was better. And then I tried some on regular bread with sliced bananas on top and hoo-ha! That's a winner!

Poor Blizzard Butter barely had a chance. Not that it isn't good because, really, it is. It's just . . . well, it just isn't Adirondack Jack. But, I like it. It's a decadently sweet mixture of white chocolate and peanut butter and, in my opinion, you can't go wrong there. I just probably should have tried it before indulging in the Adirondack Jack!

Now, these are only two of the many peanut butters made by Saratoga Peanut Butter Company, a local company that I'd like to give some local love. Saratoga Peanut Butter Co is a small company that was started in 2005 by Jessica, an active mom with a big-time love of peanut butter. So she's active. She studied nutrition and physical education. She's a mom. You gotta figure she's going to make her peanut butter healthy.

And that's what she does. Jessica states that, "My goal has been to make a delicious and nutritious product without sacrificing anything!" Her nut butters are all gluten-free and they are made without added sugars, preservatives or artificial additives. In short, just the good stuff.

You should totally check out Saratoga Peanut Butter Company. And not just to support the local economy around Chez Happy Runner. No, check it out because it is tasty and good for you!

You can buy the peanut butters online HERE.  (Just for reference, the Adirondack Jack retails for $8.99 for a 16oz jar and the Blizzard Butter goes for $6.75 for 16oz. A 16oz jar of Plain Jane is $4.99.)

If you live in the Albany area, you can find the peanut butter at several locations including Honest Weight Food Co-op, select Price Choppers and many stores in Saratoga. A full list of retailers is online HERE

Run, happy runners, don't walk, to check out some of the Saratoga Peanut Butter Company's nut butters -- especially that Adirondack Jack!

Have you tried any of the Saratoga Peanut Butters? Got a favorite? Let us know!


~ Felice




Review disclosure: I received two jars of Saratoga Peanut Butter to try out and review. I was not otherwise compensated and the opinions expressed are entirely my own.

7 comments:

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

No, I have never tried it but sounds much more appetizing than my Skippy!!!!

April said...

oh my goodness!! That looks so good!
Cranberries and cinnamon in peanut butter?....sounds too good to be true! Will def check it out.

Anonymous said...

mmm thanks for making me hungry! That looks delicious!

myork said...

We discovered this peanut butter a year ago and haven't bought another brand since! I love the Blizzard Butter and it is part of my routine meal before a run.

Unknown said...

There peanut butter is amazing! I don't think there are enough "loves" in the world to describe it.

tammy gallo said...

last year at the garlic festival, my husband and i sampeled the saratoga pb. we've been hooked since. my daughter Antigone & i recently opened a shop in Chatham and one of our first orders was with Saratoga Peanut butter. Jessica is such a pleasure to do business with. we love their product! blizzard butter is my favorite! adirondack jack is close behind. we are thrilled to carry local product!
thanks,
Tammy

Bee @ Bitchy Bee said...

Those butters look AMAZING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...