Thursday, April 26, 2012

ING Run for Something Better.

Does your local school have a running program? Do you think they should start one? Well, here's a cool opportunity from the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and the ING Run for Something Better program that you should know about.


These organizations are sponsoring the 2012 ING Run for Something Better Grant that will winning schools $2,500 to start a new running program, or expand an existing one. Last year, they gave grants to 50 schools to create or expand running programs. How cool is that?

Pretty cool, in my book. Running is, after all, a perfect form of exercise for kids of all ages and ING and NASPE want to help encourage all kids to run more.

Check it out! You can learn more and access the online application on the web site HERE. The deadline to apply is May 15, 2012.

I think this is a wonderful opportunity! Good luck to all who apply!

~ Felice

Disclaimer: I was sent information about this grant but was not compensated in any way for posting. I simply chose to share what I believe is a great opportunity.

2 comments:

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

Oh so cool! Will defintely check it out...my students would love that!

Laura @ Mommy run fast said...

This is so cool! I used to work in an elem school and thought about starting a running club, but it never happened... not currently working, but I love that there is now grant money available!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...