Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October recap.

October was another roller coaster-style month for me. The highs included a new PR at the Mohawk Hudson Half Marathon. The lows included my fall and resulting sprained ankle at the Mohawk Hudson Half Marathon.

Yes, it was quite the day.

After the race, I had to rest the ankle to allow it to heal. I actually think that the forced rest was a good thing for me. Although my monthly mileage was pretty low, I stayed active and did a lot of cross-training. And, my ankle healed. It took a while but I'd say it is completely back to normal now. Yay!

Here's how October shaped up for me:

Running (miles): 57.4
Races: 1 -- the Mohawk Hudson Half Marathon where I set a new PR (1:46:59)
Cross training (sessions): lots -- at least two a week
Planks: tried for one a day, ended up with 23

Not half bad. I'd like to see my mileage get back up a bit for November but I'm not going to go crazy. I'll just take the month as it comes. This whole not training for any races thing is kinda nice!

Have a good day, everyone. Happy election day!

~ Felice





1 comment:

Molly said...

ugh, I'm sorry about your fall! Glad you can get back to running soon : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...