Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The final countdown.

The Winter Marathon Relay is this Sunday. Although my teammates and I have decided that we are running it for fun, not for time, I still feel the pressure to perform. We've given each other time estimates, so we'll each know about when we're likely to start our legs of the race. So, in order to not be the one to throw things off, I want to at least finish within the time range that I gave them.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do that. Let's just hope nothing happens between now and Sunday! Hmm . . . and I probably should stop staying up so late watching the Olympics. Relay racers need to sleep, don't they?

That's what I'm planning to do: Sleep a little more this week (if possible), eat well, and run easy. I'll take Saturday off to give the legs some extra rest. Then, we race! I can't wait!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

~ Felice

PS: I have another giveaway going on over here. This time, it's a pair of Champion shorts.

PPS: Here's a little article on running in the snow. In case it is snowy where you are :-)

24 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Kick butt in your relay! Have fun and try not to stress too much about being there at the right time. Its a fun race :)

Ewa said...

Be a happy runner :) and enjoy the race. Now watching Olympics is fun and inspires. That might be as important as good sleep, I think.

Jen Feeny said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes!!! :) Good luck!

J said...

You are going to do great!!! I am way behind on my Olympics! What is your relay distance again for this weekend??

J said...

I meant like how much of the relay are you running...sorry if that was not clear!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Awesome! I remember how excited you were when you registered for the relay! I'll be doing one next month, so I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to have so much fun. Watching the Olympics is just getting you ready for the long day you have ahead. Can't wait to read all about.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Sunday! It is so hard for me to do a race for fun...I am far too competitive! A relay should be great fun though!

MJ said...

Have a great time Sunday! I'm sure you're going to finish in your time window. :) Just have fun!

Diana said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope you enjoy your run :)

ajh said...

Have fun with your relay! I love relays. Get 6 people together and come run 100 on 100 in Vermont at the end of August. Very fun!

joyRuN said...

I find it so hard not to let time pressures creep into any sort of race setting anymore!

Regardless, have a fun great time at your relay :)

Katie said...

You guys are going to rock it! :)

MCM Mama said...

You are going to do great!

I read your snow article, now I need one on how to run on the remaining packed mountains of snow that VA doesn't know what to do with LOL

Heather said...

Good luck on the relay this weekend - that will be so much fun!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers said...

Good luck Sunday!! I just did a marathon relay last Sunday and I've decided they're officially awesome- hope you have a blast!!

Marlene said...

I can't wait to hear about the relay! Good luck and have fun!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Good luck on the run and have a great time!!!

Lindsay said...

a relay! how fun :) have a great time and i can't wait to hear about it!

Lara said...

What leg of the Relay are you running? Have a fabulous time, it sounds like a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

good luck! extra sleep sounds fab!

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Oz Runner said...

have a great race! we love the olympics too...go team usa!

EndorphinBuzz said...

Good luck on the relay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...