Thursday, February 4, 2010

Made it so.

Why yesterday's run was better than Tuesday's (air-sucking) run:

  1. It was outdoors. With a strong wind in my face almost the entire time but, no matter. It was outdoors.
  2. I had eaten a good lunch and afternoon snack so I had plenty of energy.
  3. Owen got home from work at 5:25 and I was out the door by 5:28, so it was still light when I started and I could watch the last bit of the sunset.
  4. Once it was dark, my headlamp lit my way and, for some reason, I was mesmerized by the way my breath looked in the light.
  5. My pace was mine based on how I felt at the moment, not a pre-set number on the treadmill.
  6. Did I mention the run was outdoors?
  7. I had been looking forward to my evening run all day long. Seriously. All day long.
  8. I said it would be better and therefore it was. I made it so.
Frame of mind is where it's at, huh? Yeah, I think so too. It's a lesson to learn over and over again: The mind plays a huge role in your success as a runner. Huge role.

Happy Thursday, everyone! It's the last day of my cereal giveaway here. And, I have a book giveaway going on, too.

~ Felice

27 comments:

Jen said...

I love #5 the most.

Jocelyn said...

Nice job haveing a positive attitude! I know it makes a huge difference. I always try to physic myself up before run.

Jen Feeny said...

Positive attitude is totally the name of the game. Run the smile you're wearing!

Denise said...

I did 4 mi on the treadmill and then 4 outside this morning. I hate how you're stuck at a pace on the treadmill...so much nicer just running based on how you feel.

Becca said...

YEAH for outdoor runs!!!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Love the outdoor runs! Glad you got your mojo back :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOOVE watching my breath in my headlamp. So much so that I almost ran over a skunk last weekend.

Marlene said...

This post makes me want to go out and run so badly! Nothing like a good redeeming evening run OUTDOORS.

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! So glad you had an enjoyable run! Always makes for a good state of mind afterward.

Sarah said...

It really is a mind game, but I definitely find running outside makes it so much better! Glad you had a good run. :)

I Run for Fun said...

Nothing beats outdoor running, nothing! Glad you are finally able to get back outdoors for your runs.

Running Kiwi said...

All these winter blog entries make me really appreciate the mild climate I live in!

Way to go on the positive attitude ... positive helps everything :)

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Running outside is the best!

Ms. V. said...

it's the food. it is.

Tricia said...

I'm a HUGE believer in the power of positive thinking. Great job!

Molly said...

love how you were out the door three minutes after your husband came home!

ajh said...

I got outdoors today after being on the TM for two. I totally agree with you.

J said...

Such a good post!! You really are the happy runner! Running outdoors and looking forward to it can really make the run even better! Great job!

Anonymous said...

YAY for getting to run outside! that's great!

ptg said...

Sounds like a fantastic run!!

I can't wiat for my run outside this weekend!

Unknown said...

It's amazing how a good snack can fuel you and make your run so much better! TGIF tomorrow!

ihaverun said...

It is CRAZY how mental running is! Your run sounded perfect!!

EndorphinBuzz said...

Headlamp running can be interesting!

ZeroToBoston said...

Your enthusiasm is infectious! Love it.

- ZeroToBoston

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice run. Way to not waste any time and head out the door! The mind is a huge factor in running.

Stroller Momma said...

#6, even in snow #6

Lindsay said...

a positive attitude sure goes a long way! :) glad you had a good run after the funky tm one. that 'mill def makes you appreciate the great outdoors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...