Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 races.

I've been thinking a lot about my 2013 races: researching, planning, researching more, scrapping plans, re-planning . . . now, two weeks in to 2013, I believe it is time to commit.

To a few races, at least.

So here's the plan:

January:

Bill Hogan 3.5 race (New Year's Day) -- done
Sandy Hook 5K -- tomorrow

February:

Winter Marathon Relay

March:

Runnin' of the Green (Island) 4 mile

April:

More/Fitness Half Marathon (in NYC)

June:

Freihofer's Run for Women 5K

August:

Clove Run 10 mile

October:

Mohawk Hudson River Marathon


Looks like I'm going to stick with a spring half marathon and a fall full. It is a conservative, doable plan that should allow me to go into the marathon healthy and with a good shot at running a PR.

I'll probably add a few races to the mix, like a 5K here or there or maybe a trail run in the summer. But for now I'm going to focus on laying out a training plan with the fall marathon as my big "A race" target.

Even though the marathon will be the big race for me, I do have my sights set on lowering my 5K PR and, depending on how my winter running goes, lowering my half marathon PR as well. I'll decide on that in about a month.

So, there you have it. My 2013 race schedule . . . so far!

Do you have a big "A race" on your schedule for this year?

Have a good weekend, everyone!

~ Felice





1 comment:

Curious Runner said...

Hi! Great goals for this year - I love how you have monthly goals. My big race scheduled for this year is the Auckland Marathon (NZ) the beginning of November - my baby will be about 8 months old so hoping i will be able to do it :)

Good luck with your goals, look forward to keeping up with how they go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...