Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Starting to train.

I haven't technically started training for the More/Fitness half marathon in April, but I have been working on my plan. One of the things I've been thinking about is what finish time I would like to target. I've been putting times into various calculators and getting projected times spit out to me.

It has stressed me out.

So I'm scrapping the time goal for right now. Instead, I am going to follow some sage advice, from someone who obviously knows his stuff:


I'm keeping things simple.

I'm developing a plan that I know I will adapt as my training cycle progresses. I'm going to hold off on targeting a finish time until I'm actually far enough along in my training to know how fast I can run.

I'm not thinking about the finish line just yet. There will be plenty of time for that!

When do you decide on target finish times for your big races?

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Felice

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no goals racing this year so it makes it tough this year. I have three half-marathons planned and I know I want to PR in at least one of them. As I told my PT- I am in BEAST mode this year!

My first half is in April too and my "official" training doesn't begin for another week.

Anonymous said...

I have just started to train for my race race ever, a 5K... I am slightly nervous about it! Not really worried about my time, I just want to be able to run that far :)

Anonymous said...

my 1st race I mean ;)

Anonymous said...

my 1st race I mean ;)

Unknown said...

Im not a runner BUT you had me at the keeping things simple...


Miz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...