Friday, January 25, 2013

My new favorite.

Watch out, friends. I've fallen in love with almond milk. (And regular ol' almonds. And coconut. But I'll have to share my love for those another day.)


For real, I love the stuff. I've always been a fan of almonds and now I've taken it to a whole new level.

Since I can no longer make my smoothies using my beloved yogurt, I've switched to almond milk. This:


Unsweetened vanilla. It is so good. 

From a yogurt-based smoothie to an almond milk-based one -- sounds like it wouldn't be the same, right? Right. It isn't. It is better. To me, it is just so much better. I didn't think it would be and yet it is. My smoothies are lighter since they aren't weighed down by dairy anymore. 

Now I'm working on getting the family switched over to almond milk so I can stop buying cow's milk (which, admittedly, I am against). Owen is already on-board and using almond milk in his morning cereal. I'm working on the kids!

They've enjoyed their almond milk smoothies so far, so that is a start. Slowly but surely, I'll try to win them over!

(Interested in trying Silk Almond Milk? You can download a coupon from their web site. And, by the way: No, I wasn't asked to review this almond milk. I just love it. And had to share my love!)

Today's smoothie

1 green-tipped banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
1/2 cup water
1 tbs chia seeds

Blend it up! And enjoy.

I'm experimenting with new recipes and new ingredients. Some have worked better than others but it is kind of fun trying to find new ways to do things. I'll be sure to share some of the better recipes that I come across and make!

Have you switched from cow's milk to almond (or coconut or other) milk? 
How did it work for you? 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

~ Felice



7 comments:

J said...

I love the silk almond milk. I switch back and forth between the coconut and almond to switch things up. i haven't had smoothies since the summer.

Melissa said...

This review and coupon came at the perfect time for me! Mia was just officially put on a strict no-dairy diet by her Dr. on Wed. We will have to try this. Thanks!

Hollie said...

I have recently discovered this too. I had to see what all the fuss was about. I love the vanilla unsweetened too. I changed to adding it to my smoothies. I make a vanilla one every morning now.

Alyssa Duhe said...

I cut dairy out of my diet awhile ago and almond is my go to when I need some milk. Glad you like it too!

Christy said...

I buy the unsweetened vanilla to put in my Special K cereal and it's so yummy!!!

Selena said...

I've loved almond milk for a while. I used to buy Blue Diamond brand, but now I get the Trader Joe's brand. I've never really liked cow's milk much and I didn't want to have too much soy (I was drinking soy milk for a while). Almond milk is great. I usually buy the original variety, but the unsweetened is good too. Yay, almond milk!

Felice Devine said...

Selena -- I'll have to try the Trader Joe's. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...