Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ups and downs of sugar-free living.

I'm well into my third week of sugar-free (flour-free, most-white-stuff-free) living and as I look back over my second week, I see that this process has not been without its ups and downs.



Among the downs . . .

  • Faliled attempts to make "paleo" bread, like the pathetic inedible eggy coconut mess that I made last night
  • Post-run calf cramps 
  • Pizza cravings
  • Potato chip cravings
  • Well, pretty much any sugary/starchy/cheesy craving!

And among the ups . . 
  • Starting to get the pantry and fridge stocked with the right foods
  • No headaches (WOO!)
  • Regaining my energy
  • Figuring out how to fuel for my runs

Downs and ups. 

What I would like right now is some kind of awesome flourless, sugar-free bread. Does that exist? Dunno. If you know of one, hook a happy runner up and leave a comment about it!

Have a great week, everyone!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

The fitnessista made and recommended this "paleo bread" recipe just a couple weeks ago.

http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/05/21/grain-free-white-bread-paleo-and-scd/

I didn't scrutinize the ingredient list but I did remember thinking that it looked pretty tasty!

Felice Devine said...

Thank you! I will check that out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...