Thursday, January 1, 2009

About the Happy Runner

Post HMRRC Winter Marathon Relay: Suzy, Amanda, me

"If movement is a sign of life and stillness is death, running is an example of life most fully lived. It's beautiful." -- British artist, Martin Creed



Hey there! I'm Felice, the Happy Runner. Thanks for visiting. I'm grateful for each and every person who stops by this blog, especially those who take the time to leave me a comment and let me know that, really, it isn't just my cat and me who read my words. OK, my cat doesn't really read my blog. I have to read the words to my cat. But he pretends to listen. Most of the time. When I'm not too boring.

This blog is a journal of my running, thoughts on running, and running-related tips and information that I've picked up or learned along the way. I'm not a professional runner, nor am I a runner who finishes races too close to the front of the pack. I occasionally place in my age group but it is very, very unlikely that I would ever win a race. I do, however, try my best. And I love, love, love to run. So I figure that has to count for something!

I have a few other things going on in my life beside running: I'm a mom to a two-year-old boy, a wife (of 10 years!) to a great guy, an active community volunteer, a freelance writer and editor, and a bit of a Yankees fan. I love Starburst jelly beans, Craisins, my Brooks Addiction running shoes and all of A.S. Byatt's books.

Why I have composed this like an online dating profile, I'll never know. But, now you know a little more about me. And I hope that's not a bad thing.

You want more info? You got it!

Recent Race Results:

Freihofer's Run for Women 5K (6/10 -- preggo): 27:11
Mother's Day 3.5-mile (5/10 -- preggo): 29:59
HMRRC Winter Series 10K (1/10): 51:24
Freihofer's Run for Women 5K (5/09): 23:46
Runnin' of the Green 4-mile (3/09): 31:05
Komen Race for the Cure 5K (10/08): 23:27
ValleyCats Home Run 5K (6/08): 24:15
Freihofer's Run for Women 5K (5/08): 24:16

My PRs:

5K — 22:57 (Neighborhood Challenge, 5/02)
4m — 31:05 (Runnin' of the Green, 3/09)
10K — 50:41 (RunAground, 9/02)
15K — 75:16 (Stockade-athon, 11/03)
Marathon — 4:12:43 (Mohawk-Hudson River Marathon, 10/04)

Interviews, etc.:

RunAbroad.com -- Profile, October 10, 2009
Freihofer's Run for Women blog -- Profile, July 21, 2009
Charitymile.com -- Interview, November 10, 2008

I also write here:

Albany Running Examiner

My policies:

Product Review Policy

Contact me:

Want to chat? Got a question? E-mail me at felicehalf at yahoo dot com.
I'm also on twitter, should you have any interest in following me: twitter.com/TheHappyRunner

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Felice!

Nice to *meet* you. I am a fairly new runner (started in Feb '09) and am currently training for my first 1/2 marathon. I am insanely slow (5K PR was 28:47 in July, up from 33:34 in March), but love to run as well.

I blog about my experience as well, and am thrilled to find another runner's blog!! I hope you'll stop by mine. :)

Gotta run (haha - 7 miles this morning...)

Have a great day!
Dani

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robyn said...

I was bummed when I saw that this blog address was taken so I had to come check you out! I've been running about 2 years. And I'm about to run my first marathon next month. My online name has always been happyrobyn so thehappyrunner seemed natural to me. Love your blog! Come check out my new running blog at www.thehappyrunner.com. Or my personal blog at www.happyrobyn.com.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

u should see this [url=http://k.jup.cc]such a hottie.[/url]

just a bit help just visit to get me my next free video

Carrie said...

I started running last year at the ripe old age of 48. It has become sort of an addition for me! Love your blog, I found you on Twitter. Some days of running are better than others - today's a bad day due to a sinus infection - but hopefully it will go away soon! Loved your quote from Martin Creed also.

Sara Grace said...

Hi Felice! I came here by way of Vern's green running blog. I love what I've read and will be dropping by often!

Anonymous said...

I "stumbled" across your site and just wanted to say hi. Love your blog!

Giulia Jones said...

Hi Felice,

I love that I came upon your blog. I started running in January of 2010 and I have to say I like my new habit. I'm chunky and slow as I compare my 5k times to yours! I've just finished my 2nd 5k race and am starting to train for a 10k with hopes of at least completing a half marathon one day. I've also started a blog about my journey.
www.fatgirlscanruntoo.com

I need inspiration and your blog so far has surpassed that for me. I will be reading along!

Happy Running!

Giulia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...