Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snow on top of snow.

But, of course.

I'm standing in my family room, typing away on my beloved laptop and, yup, snow is falling outside my windows. Again. As if the 8-10 inches that have been covering the ground for, I don't know, like forever aren't enough. We apparently need more snow up here in Snowy Snowville.

At least it is supposed to be a slightly warmer today. High 20s! Whoa, balmy.

I was back to cross training last night and did another one of the 30 Day Shred workouts. I just love the Shred series and I'm glad I've started working out with them again. As I mentioned a few posts ago, my arms need to be strengthened and I think the exercises in the series will help me to do just that.

I've got a treadmill run on the schedule for tonight and then I hope, hope, hope I can get outside for 11 miles this weekend.

Happy Thursday, everyone. One more day until the weekend!

15 comments:

Marlene said...

Bundle up and hopefully the snow won't get in the way of your 11-miler!

I Run for Fun said...

Good luck on the 11-miler!

Denise said...

I'm done with the weather, too. And so ready for the weekend!

J said...

I looked at the weather this morning and it said 28 and I was like Wow thats warm! Craziness!

Hope the run goes well! Upper body strength could make all the difference! Hope it helps with your running!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

good luck with the 11 miler... the novelty of winter has worn it's welcome :(

Marcy said...

I thought it was supposed to "warm up" the next couple days?!? Right?!? I only half pay attention to the weather these days HAHA

tfh said...

It's fascinating, and also a little pitiful, to watch the "warmer" weather across the blogosphere. Fifties here, twenties there. I hope you can get out for your run this weekend too because reading about 11 TM miles might move me to tears.

Vava said...

Yes, snow snow snow. A steady diet of that up here as well. In the Fall the so-called "experts" predicted less than average precipitation for this winter. Then, earlier this week, the same experts revised their prediction and now we are to get well above average snowfall for the rest of the winter. In my opinion, they just set themselves up for failure when they predict the weather anyway - there's no way you can do it with an certainty!

I hope you don't get too much more snow and can get that long run in this weekend.

RunToTheFinish said...

we;ve got that cold crap headed our way and I'm not looking forward to the wind chill saturday...but I don't think I can do it on TM.

Diana said...

Tell it to go away! Unless it's coming here ;)

Unknown said...

Best wishes for you 11 miler this weekend!

BeachRunner said...

Is the weather better today?

Aileen said...

Ohhh how I wish I could run 11 miles right now!

Lindsay said...

hope you are able to get out for your 11 miler this weekend. i don't even want to think about doing that on the tm!

Aron said...

i hope you were able to get outside for the 11!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...