Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cupcakes and races.

The Freihofer's Run for Women is in two days. Sure, it's "just" a 5K but it happens to be my goal race and I really want to run well. So I'm nervous. And have been. Because that's what I do: Get all kinds of freaked before my races.

But I also have the multiple birthday celebrations that are de rigueur these days with the preschool set. My little guy will be turning 4 (4!?!) so today was his preschool birthday party.

Dinosaur Train cupcakes were in order:

OK, yeah, the green doesn't match Tiny
(the pteranodon for those of you who don't have to watch the show over and over) but I tried.

An army of Buddy and Tiny!

Goofing out.
Conal had been asking for a Dinosaur Train cake for his birthday so I went for a modified version for the preschool party and did the cupcakes. I printed out about a million copies of an image that I grabbed from the infonet, cut them out, lined up two back-to-back and then taped them together with a toothpick in the middle. Viola! Instant (two hours later...) decoration!

The cakes for his next parties will be a different story. I really need to get on that . . .

In the meantime, though, I have a race to freak-out about prepare for. My last pre-race run is tonight and then I'll firm up my goals tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Have a great day, everyone! Don't forget to enter my two giveaways -- Onlineshoes.com/Saucony ends tonight and Bengay ends Monday.

~ Felice

10 comments:

Marlene said...

The cupcakes look great! Very creative.

Good luck at the 5K!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw. Very cute idea!

I get freaked out too. Especially the minutes before the race starts. Last race I was saying to my Hubz. "Are you ready? It's on. It's game time. Let's get this show going... etc. etc."

He thought I was crazy. LOL!!

Neon Blonde Runner said...

Those cupcakes look delicious, love the bright green frosting. Have a great 5K!!

Tami mommy of Ten said...

I am excited to hear how everyone does on Sat. I am sure it will go great for you. I get really nervous at the Freihofer because of all the hype in the beginning. I will be WAY in the back. If you see an ambulance go by I may be in it.;)

J said...

Very cute cupcakes! They look great! Hope the cake comes out just as good! Good luck in the 5k!

LB said...

awww, my daughter LOVES dionsaur train. i think i know all the episodes by heart. good luck with the 5k!

macnic said...

Good luck with your race! I long for the days of dinosaur train! And my 4 year old is only 4 and a half! He's into Teletoon shows now! They grow up so fast!

Suzy said...

Punky is in love with Dinosaur Train! How fun to take cupcakes to preschool to share with friends.

Unknown said...

cute idea for making theme cupcakes!

Lindsay said...

the cupcakes were cute! hope your race went well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...