Friday, May 14, 2010

Gifts.

About two weeks ago, I lead a group run for the new runners. It happened to be a spastic one for a few reasons but it was also kinda awesome for me because I received an unsolicited, very cool gift from one of the runners!

Jen M, whom I also profiled over here, is a friend and one of the new runners. She has three kids 5 and younger. And she is making time to run. Go, Jen!

She is also pretty darn nice and, for no real reason other than she wanted to, she gave me a gift. Check it out:

Yep, that's me -- stringy hair and all -- before yesterday evening's run. How cute is that shirt?!? Cute, right?

Well, I wore it for my neighborhood run for the first time yesterday and it seemed like a big deal. I felt like I was coming out to all of my neighbors. Of course, only about 5 of them drove by me while I ran but, still. Now more of them know and they can stop mocking my belly. Or, probably more accurately, I can stop thinking they are mocking my belly. Or even thinking about me at all.

Right! So, Jen rocks! And I love my shirt.

* * *

Thanks for the comments on the hip issue. I've passed them along to the other Jen in the running group and she's going to continue as she has been, but will probably make a doctor's appointment just to be on the safe side.

Good luck to all the runners racing this weekend! I'm root-root-rooting for you :-)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

~ Felice

33 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Love the shirt; so cute!

Kenley said...

That is a cool shirt. Best wishes to your friend with the hip problems and running with having 3 kids.....just amazing!

I Run for Fun said...

Very cute! Very nice gift. I have a lot of admiration for your moms/runners...I don't think I could do both at the same time.

Stephanie said...

Such a cute shirt...where is it from?

Marlene said...

Love it! What a nice gift!

Anonymous said...

Great shirt! I am sure your tummy isn't as noticeable as it is to you! Good luck with the pregnancy!!

Abby said...

I love that! I've thought about making shirts for a couple pregnant running friends, but never follow through. Jen is a better friend than I :)

Laura said...

Cute shirt! Did she make it?

Felice Devine said...

I believe she got it from Cafe Press.

Katie said...

Just chiming in - love the shirt!

Jennifer said...

What a great surprise! Good things happen to good peopel! Cheers!

Lisa said...

that shirt is fantastic! wear it with pride! have a great weekend!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Really cute shirt! Really nice friend!

Diana said...

Love the shirt! So cute :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shirt!!! Have a great weekend :)

Katie said...

Adorable shirt! How sweet of Jen :)

X-Country2 said...

That shirt is awesome, and you look great in it. Very thoughtful. (And now I totally want one that says, "I'm sorry this shirt is short and you can probably see my belly but I'm running for three.")

J said...

That is totally a cute shirt! Now you will just have to wear it more and more until all your neighbors see! hehe! Hope you have a good weekend!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

You look too cute- stringy hair and all!

Tricia said...

LOVE it! have a great weekend!

H Love said...

love it...where did you score the shirt?

Anonymous said...

Love the shirt!


I really hope Jen makes a dr appt and that it is nothing.

Unknown said...

LOVE the shirt! I should have worn one like that when I was preggo! I will have to don one whenever I decide it's time for another one...

Heather said...

That shirt is so cute, what a sweet gift! Have a great weekend.

Lindsay said...

what a cute shirt! so perfect :)

Judi said...

I love that shirt! Wish I had had that when I was pregnant! :)

Karen Seal said...

CUTE shirt!! I love it!! :0)

Claudia said...

Love the shirt!!

Oz Runner said...

great shirt, and what a cool way to announce your pregnancy to others..

Unknown said...

awwwwwww. cute shirt!

Sarah said...

awesome shirt! love it!

Lauren said...

love the shirt :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...