Thursday, May 6, 2010

Itchin'

I have an itch that I seriously need to scratch . . .

I'm itching to run a race.

Yes, I know, I have a 5K coming up on June 5th but I haven't raced since the end of February and I know that I'm not going to feel much like racing in a few months when I'm huge so, well . . . I've got the itch. And, there happens to be a little 3.5 mile race coming up on Mother's Day. What better gift to myself (hey, why not?) than to run a race? Right?

Right. Except that there is this little, teeny-weeny part of me that is nervous to race at this point. Will I get caught up in the excitement of the race and push too hard? What if I have to pee a mile in to the race? What if I'm too worn out after the race to be able to make dinner for my family (they are coming over to celebrate Mother's Day)?

Wah, wah, wah . . .

I should just do it. If I don't, I'll kick myself. I know this. Gotta scratch the itch . . .

On an unrelated note, I reviewed the new RhythmBRA over here.

Have a great day!

~ Felice

20 comments:

Stacey said...

You totally should do it...Happy Mother's Day!

ShutUpandRun said...

I say go for it. It will make your Mother's Day even brighter!

Jocelyn said...

I totally understand that itch to race. Its mothers day! If you don't do it for yourself do it for all the mothers out there! Just have fun! :D

Marlene said...

I think that's a great idea! Listen to your body and have fun!

Manderz said...

You can always run with me at my pace which would be easy for you! I hope you decide to do it - You've been running long enough to know how your body is feeling.

Suzy said...

Go for it!! What better way to celebrate Mother's Day than doing something you love.

misszippy said...

Do it! If you feel bad, then just slow it down, even to walking if you need to. Just enjoy the day.

Diana said...

Have a great time! Enjoy it :)

Ewa said...

I am with all of the above comments. I am sure you will not overdo it. Moms never do, do they?

Denise said...

go for it...you're a smart cookie, you won't overdue it.

SeaBreeze said...

Do It! If you're itching to race it will do your body good. I am sure you'll listen to your body and not push it too hard.

wendy said...

Good luck on your race, far better present than a box of chocolates! Just take it easy and you'll be fine : )

Darlene said...

Just do it!!! I ran it the last 2 yrs & I will do it again. See you there?

Christina said...

If you've a itch, SCRATCH IT! :)
Happy Mother's Day!!!

ihaverun said...

It will make you a "happy mother" so do it! Can't wait for the recap =)

J said...

A mothers day race sounds like so much fun! That is what I am doing with my mom!!

Unknown said...

I've had that SAME itch! GO for it!

EndorphinBuzz said...

Just go for it!

DANNIELA said...

Go for it! You should take a look that this site you will love these www.sportybands.com it's the Sporty Band that stays on"!

MCM Mama said...

Go for it! Your body will tell you what it can do. Can't guarantee you'll have the energy for dinner though. ;o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...