Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going hillingly well.

I ran hills yesterday evening. It was a combination fartlek/hill workout, really. I took my regular hilly route and ran an easy pace over the flat and downhill parts. Then I bounded up the hills. There are some pretty long hills on this route and I made the effort to run up all of them hard and strong.

After a week of very little running, culminating in a flat run over sidewalks on Long Island, my legs were ready to shake it up with some hills. I felt good over the first five but the last two kicked my butt. I'm sure I looked like a little old lady out there, shuffling up the hill.

Now, here's a little wish for the day . . .

18 comments:

Vava said...

Happy St. Patty's Day to you as well!

Marcy said...

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY to you and your old lady self! LOL JK!! ;-)

J said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love hills (after I am done running them!) they are soo good!

Aileen said...

Look at himself and the Aran sweater!

X-Country2 said...

Paris Hilton would KILL for that hat! Too cute.

Chic Runner said...

such a cute picture I am obsessed with the hat. I am with you going up the hills. I was dying this morning on mine! :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

way to kick @$$ on the hills!

Marlene said...

Don't you just love kicking butt up a hill?!

Happy St. Pat's! Is that your little one? So cute!

Denise said...

Great job with the hills and what a cutie!

tfh said...

Thanks for the wish! Nothing like a smiling toddler to cheer up my afternoon. You didn't knit that hat, did you? Because if you can knit AND bound up hills, that's just too much talent in one place.

Heather said...

Cute pic! Running hills is one of my favorite workouts - so satisfying!

joyRuN said...

Oh, too cute!!

Great job on the hills! What's wrong with shuffling?

I Run for Fun said...

Happy St. Patty's Day! Conal's adorable.

Aron said...

AHHH looove that pic :) so cute!!!

great job on the hills!!!

E said...

Love the pic. So cute!

Felice Devine said...

Marlene -- yup, that's my son.
tfh -- no way did I knit that hat. I am skill-less!

Abby said...

Too cute.

Nice work on the hills!

Steve Stenzel said...

Fartleks on a hill?!?! CRAZY TALK!!!

Nice job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...