In my blogging dreamworld, you all sit around thinking, "What's that Happy Runner up to today? I wonder if she's out doing highly educational and stimulating activities with her toddler or if they are still sitting around the house in their robes, sipping smoothies? And does she ever really run anymore, or has she let her new-found cross training zeal take over completely?"
And (in my dreamworld) you have other questions, too! Lest you feel that you need to actually ask them, I'm here today to answer them before they are even asked! What a bonus for your Friday, right?
Here they are. The Questions:
- Does the house still smell like burnt sap? Why, yes, it does. However, the smell is starting to go away, especially since it was covered a bit with the smell of potato and carrot pancakes from last night. One smell replaces another around here . . .
- Are you still baking healthy muffins? Yes! I'm still experimenting with muffin recipes and I've been baking healthy batches once or twice a week. I have what I think is a really good blueberry recipe, a solid flax muffin and a pumpkin one that still needs tweaking. If there is any interest in my healthified muffin recipes, I can post them -- let me know!
- What about running? Since your race on Saturday, we've heard nothing. Heh, heh, heh. Running. Yes. Well. I went for an easy recovery 4 miles after Saturday's 4 mile race and it felt good. So good did it feel to run outside two days in a row that I simply could not go back to the treadmill. And this week would have been a treadmill week. So, I worked out with Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and felt like a wimp when, halfway through the session, I had to drop down to the 3lb weights from the usual 6s. Grr...
- When are you going to decide on your upcoming races? Oh, it's still early. I am targeting a 5 mile race on April 5th, then a 5k at the end of April and another at the end of May. But everything is still in the "I'm thinking about it" stage.
- What are you up to this weekend? Glad you asked! Owen, Conal and I are heading to my MIL's on Long Island this evening. Feel free to send those no traffic vibes our way!
Have a great weekend!