Friday, March 13, 2009

Questions from my dreamworld.

In my blogging dreamworld, you all sit around thinking, "What's that Happy Runner up to today? I wonder if she's out doing highly educational and stimulating activities with her toddler or if they are still sitting around the house in their robes, sipping smoothies? And does she ever really run anymore, or has she let her new-found cross training zeal take over completely?"

And (in my dreamworld) you have other questions, too! Lest you feel that you need to actually ask them, I'm here today to answer them before they are even asked! What a bonus for your Friday, right?

Here they are. The Questions:

  1. Does the house still smell like burnt sap? Why, yes, it does. However, the smell is starting to go away, especially since it was covered a bit with the smell of potato and carrot pancakes from last night. One smell replaces another around here . . .
  2. Are you still baking healthy muffins? Yes! I'm still experimenting with muffin recipes and I've been baking healthy batches once or twice a week. I have what I think is a really good blueberry recipe, a solid flax muffin and a pumpkin one that still needs tweaking. If there is any interest in my healthified muffin recipes, I can post them -- let me know!
  3. What about running? Since your race on Saturday, we've heard nothing. Heh, heh, heh. Running. Yes. Well. I went for an easy recovery 4 miles after Saturday's 4 mile race and it felt good. So good did it feel to run outside two days in a row that I simply could not go back to the treadmill. And this week would have been a treadmill week. So, I worked out with Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and felt like a wimp when, halfway through the session, I had to drop down to the 3lb weights from the usual 6s. Grr...
  4. When are you going to decide on your upcoming races? Oh, it's still early. I am targeting a 5 mile race on April 5th, then a 5k at the end of April and another at the end of May. But everything is still in the "I'm thinking about it" stage.
  5. What are you up to this weekend? Glad you asked! Owen, Conal and I are heading to my MIL's on Long Island this evening. Feel free to send those no traffic vibes our way!
That's all the time we have for questions today, folks. It's Friday, after all, and I think the toddler and I need to get out of our robes . . .

Have a great weekend!

~ Felice

19 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Have fun in Long Island this weekend. Hopefully the weather is nice. :o)

Janice {Run Far} said...

you are a hoot.. I always love reading what you have to say. Have a great weekend.

Marlene said...

I wish I were at home in my robe right now!

Have a great trip to LI!

Chic Runner said...

Hope the house doesn't smell like sap for to much longer. I don't even know what that smells like! :) have a great weekend.

Aileen said...

Awwwwwwwww...you sound like you miss the sap smell ;)

Have a good weekend!

Aron said...

have a great trip and weekend!!!

Gotta Run..... said...

Cheers to NO TRAFFIC :)

Alisa said...

Have a great trip!

I would love a good healthy pumpkin muffin recipe...they are my favorite!

Dr Wednesday said...

What is cross training?

The Laminator said...

Have fun in Long Island...it's one of my fav places to visit!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Have a great weekend in Long Island! :)

Rookie on the Run said...

Wow. You are a mind reader! I was just wondering all those things about you. LOL

Here's a good traffic vibe for you:
zzooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm!!!

Denise said...

Yum, burnt sap. :-)

Unknown said...

Have a good trip. Maybe the burnt sap smell will be gone by the time you return. :-)

I Run for Fun said...

Have a fun weekend.

Hmm...pancake and burnt sap...doesn't sound too bad.

Anonymous said...

how was your weekend?
filled with toddlertime?
YOU TIME?
Running time?

all that...

Lori said...

Your posts and writing style cracks me up! Thanks for always giving me a good chuckle. Hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's Monday, and I need to get out of MY robe and go for a run! Muffins sound YUMMY though - might have to make some today!

Vava said...

Nice post! I hope the traffic was not too bad. And I'm with you on the treadmill - I no longer have that as an option, and don't miss it one bit. I'll take cold, wet, icy, whatever over the treadmill any day (but I realize that I am not that smart when it comes to this so I don't hold it against those who do choose treadmills for safety, etc.) Hope the weather lets you run outside all the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...