Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend runs.

I sped on Friday: 4 x 800 at 6:45 pace. Wow!

I started with a 2-ish mile warm up and then ran my measured route. My first repeat was the slowest and the others were all 2-4 seconds faster. I was happy that I was able to hit just about the same pace each time. Although, it's surprising because my route includes hills so two of the repeats were run with about a quarter mile incline. I would have thought that the repeats with the quarter mile decline would be faster, but they weren't. Maybe I'm a fraidy cat on the downhill? It's likely, for sure.

Now, I do have to be completely honest and say that by the end of each repeat, I felt like I was going to puke. Especially the last one. I was really pushing it and didn't have much left afterward. I would like to be able to keep this pace for future repeats, but increase the number. Maybe not right away but, you know, at some point this year. Once I start to be able to finish them in a non-pukey state.

I felt fine later Friday evening and my legs felt great on Saturday. No noticeable muscle soreness at all. Speedwork success!

I relaxed today: 5.47 miles at 8:49 pace.

Mostly sunny, very windy. I thought it was supposed to be warmer today. What gives, Weather? Not much to report on this run: comfortable distance, comfortable pace, I'm glad I was able to get outside.

* * *

Did you see the Siena/Ohio State game on Friday? Holy Nailbiter! That was an amazing game, with Siena eventually beating Ohio State in double overtime. This gal stayed up well past 12:30am to watch the end, sitting on the edge of her seat the whole time. Tonight, Siena takes on the #1 seed, Louisville. I'm rooting for an upset. Go Saints!

EDIT: Bummer! Siena lost.

(My brackets, by the way, are busted. Every year, the same old story . . . )

Enjoy the last of the weekend, everyone!

~ Felice

26 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

awesome work on the speedy run! :)

Anonymous said...

It would have been nice to see Siena win. They almost pulled it off.

J said...

I watched the Siena game! That sure was a late night for me! The game tonight was sad - I wished they had won!

Great job on the speedworkout! The 800m distance always is tough for me to do repeats in! Great job!

RunToTheFinish said...

you're funny..you're easy day was 8:30 miles...hahahha..oh some day.

I Run for Fun said...

You are a speedy one, girl! I tend to not run any faster going downhill too. Maybe it's just reflexes?

X-Country2 said...

Wow, speedy runs!

Anonymous said...

does your husband love how into basket ball you are?
I have 2 teams (hometown and where hubby did jd/phd) and when they are out I could care less----much to MY husbands chagrin :)

Felice Devine said...

Miz -- Yes, I think he does like it. And, he's probably happy that I'm as crummy at picking winners as he is!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a run! Keep it going! :)

Liz said...

Yay speedwork and WHAT AN AWESOME GAME!!!!! We were on the edge of our seats Friday night, and last night's game was awesome, even though they lost. To lose to the #1 team in the country by that slim of a margin is amazing! Gooooooooooooo SAINTS! We'll get 'em next year. :o)

Heather said...

Way to go with those speedy 800's - I would've been puking, for sure.

tfh said...

Great speedwork! On hills, too. Too bad about Siena...but they had their moments of glory at least!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Nice run!! Feel free to jump on the Gonzaga bandwagon...now that was a nailbiter!!

Keep up the good work!!

Marlene said...

Speedy splits on the 800s! Very nice.

Aron said...

hellooooooooo speedster!!!! way to nail those intervals!

BeachRunner said...

Awesome speedwork. Hoo-weee, you got some quickness, homegirl.

Janice {Run Far} said...

You are a speedster... way to go.

Marcy said...

Lookin good on those intervals ;-) So when are you going to start doing the 10x800s at that pace? LOL JK! OMG barf-o-rama LOL

Felice Devine said...

Marcy -- Yeah, that would probably be NEVER!!!

Natalie D said...

great job on the speedwork!!! and the relaxing one too!

The Laminator said...

Posts of speedwork success are sweet music to my ears. Glad you're enjoying them even if they threaten the puke threshold. Great job!

Unknown said...

good job with the speed work

joyRuN said...

Dang, you're FAST!! Awesome work :)

Aileen said...

Holy crap...6:45?!?!?!?! What, are you Kenyan or something??? Amazing!!!

Lindsay said...

whoaa nice job on the 800s!! i am sure you will have no trouble adding on to them in the future. yeah siena/lville was the game i caught. too bad they couldn't quite hang on :(

Stuart said...

Nice repeats, that's a clean pair of heels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...