Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Foggy.

Cold? Allergies?

The jury's still out but one or the other has knocked my head into a fog. Today feels a whole lot better than yesterday evening, when I was walking around in my own personal Cruddyville. Shame, too, because I had a big board meeting last night (my last one) and I felt like I could barely form a coherent thought, let alone speak a coherent sentence. Or even a coherent phrase.

But, as I said, today is better. And that means I will get out for a run. Yesterday's run was shelved in favor of a rest. I had grand plans for a nap-time run but when I found myself out of breath after just standing up I decided that I'd do well to conserve my energy. So that's what I did.

And not that it matters, really, but I wish I knew if this foggy fogginess in the head is from pollen or germs. I tried medicine for both: The cold medicine did nothing and the allergy medicine kicked my foggy fogginess into high gear. In other words, neither worked.

I should probably just suck it up ahem! and get a neti pot. I've heard they work wonders.

Anyway, the sun has been shining on and off today. Conal and I have weeded some flower beds, played a few games of catch (although I don't know that there was any true catching going on), and used the sidewalk chalk to color boldly all over the driveway.

A good day. Foggy in the head, sure, but a good day never-the-less.

Hope you're having a good day, too!

~ Felice

15 comments:

Marlene said...

I've heard a little about neti pots - sounds interesting.

I hope things are 'clearer' tomorrow!

Diana said...

I don't think I gave the neti pot a fair shot. It's just too weird to pour water up your nose. BTW, if you're hubby is a jokester make sure he's not in the room or bad things happen. Not that I know from experience! ha.

joyRuN said...

Oh - hate that feeling - hope you shake it off soon!

I feel like "neti pot" should be a name for a pet...

Jocelyn said...

My mom loves the neti pot...but it freaks me out too much. I hope you get better fast. My allergies always give me flu like symptoms! I hate it. Ge well soon

Allison said...

Felice - I am a devotee of the neti pot. I started using it a few years ago during allergy season (especially since I've been pregnant for a few of them now) and it really helps...they've been doing it for ever in other parts of the world and it works! If you haven't already gotten one, it's worth it to pay a little more to get a ceramic one vs. a plastic one (I've got both, and the ceramic is much nicer). I'm pretty sure the co-op sells them. Good luck!
Allison

J said...

I have been feeling foggy for a while and the cold medicine really hasn't seemed to help. I took today off from running too and I am hoping I will be out of the fog for tomorrows run! I hope you dont have any fog tomorrow either!

The Laminator said...

Hope the fogginess goes away real soon!

Stuart said...

I am sure the sun will come out to burn off the fog soon!

Don't forget your shades!

Rookie on the Run said...

Sorry to hear about the fogginess. That is a horrible feeling.

I've never tried the Neti thing but I use Neil Med Sinus rinse when I need to. It's easy and works great.

Feel better fast!

Casey said...

I used a neti pot when I was in my yoga teacher training and I'm not going to lie: it sucked. The salt water got caught up in my sinuses for a week and it was major sinus pressure whenever I would bend over! Granted, my nasal anatomy may be different than yours, but I could not get the water out! Good luck if you try it! Hope you feel better either way!

Anonymous said...

Hope you come out of the fog. One of my friends swears by the neti pot. I have been too scared to try it!

Ace said...

Allergy/Sickness + Running = tough times. Hang in there!

Heather said...

Hope that fogginess clears up soon. Glad you are still getting out and enjoying the nicer weather!

Neti Pot Salt said...

I have a Neti Pot wherever I go. I make sure I have a traveling neti pot, a work neti pot, and at least two at home.

I think I'm addicted.

Lindsay said...

hope the fog has cleared up and you are feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...