Monday, May 11, 2009

Super?

Happy Monday! It was a super weekend here in Happy Runnerville: Unplanned fast run on Friday, successful trip to the farmers' market on Saturday, dinner and the theater with Owen Saturday night (while my parents watched our toddler overnight for the first time ever!), pancakes for breakfast on Sunday, a solid 5-mile run in the afternoon, a spot-on Mother's Day gift (gift cert. for a massage! woo hoo!), and a delicious dinner with my family in the evening.

I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the weekend. Conal did, too:

He was particularly fond of the blue frosted cake that my sister-in-law brought over for dessert. We were a bunch of blue-mouthers, I'll tell you.

So, super weekend, yes, yes. Now, we're ready for a super week. Bring it on, week! Be super!

OK, it may be super, who knows at this point? What I do know is that it will be busy. We starting speech therapy for Conal this week. The little guy just isn't saying much so we're bringing in a professional. She'll work wonders, this Magic Speech Lady. I just know it. Hope it?

And then I have meetings and there's a trip to a baby animal farm and more speech therapy and, I do hope, some running. I've penciled in the running. It's all about scheduling flexibility this week. Super!

Question (not said in a Dwight K. Schrute voice). Are you on Twitter? If you are, I'd love to follow you if I'm not already. Let me know!

OK, off we go. Have a super week, everyone!

~ Felice


17 comments:

Marlene said...

Awww, cute picture! (Yum! Cake!)

Sounds like a great weekend! Here's hoping for a great (super) week. :)

Rookie on the Run said...

I'm glad you had a great day! Who doesn't love blue frosting?!

My oldest boy hardly talked at all until he was almost three. We had him all set up to begin speech therapy. Then all of a sudden, he started speaking in sentences. Now he never stops talking! He's also very smart, which I have heard is common for late talkers.

My point is, you probably have nothing to worry about! :D

Have a great week!!

Heather said...

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend. Hope the week is just as good!

J said...

I hope that it is a super week! I know that it will fly by like usual!!

Unknown said...

glad you had a nice weekend.

tfh said...

Sounds like a great weekend! And lovely that Conal's mouth matches his shirt (and, I daresay, eyes?) so perfectly. It's a good look for him. And first overnight away from his parents? Hooray! Have a great week.

Diana said...

Glad you had a good weekend!

My niece did the same thing. Didn't speak a word until @ 3, then spoke in sentances. I hope this is true of your little guy.

Chic Runner said...

He is simply adorable! :) I love his little face and his hair!

Oz Runner said...

blue icing will turn kids into smurfs, for sure...

Anonymous said...

Def sounds like you had a good weekend!! way busy And some running :) nice nice. what a cutie with all that blue frosting-ness!

Aron said...

sounds like an amazing weekend :) happy mothers day!

ShutUpandRun said...

cute pic and sounds like a fun weekend!

Marcy said...

LOL that is a cutie pic!

Sounds like a most excellent weekend and YAY for overnight visits. Ahhh they are the best!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

happy belated mother's day!

The Laminator said...

Congrats on a great mother's day weekend!

Lindsay said...

mmm a massage! congrats on making it through your first overnight babysitting - i know it was a big deal for my cousin when she did it. :) sounds like a great weekend!

I Run for Fun said...

Aww...look at the little guy enjoying his cake!

Enjoy your massage, you lucky lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...