Friday, May 22, 2009

For (ce)real.

A while back, Adam from [me] & goji asked me if I would like to create a custom organic cereal to try out and, one would hope, enjoy. I scooted over to their web site to check this stuff out and decided that, yes, I did want to create my own custom cereal. So, he sent me a code and wished me enjoyment.

And enjoyment it was!

First, the web site is fun and easy to use. Second, and probably more important, the options are all very enticing. I was a little overwhelmed at first but I forced myself to focus and I made it through. The custom Happy Runner! (no lie -- that's what I named it. I'm so creative.) cereal consists of:

Flax Flakes
Granola
Chocolate Goji Berries
Dried Cherries
Dried Cranberries
Pecans

Once I had selected my ingredients, I placed my order and received a prompt confirmation. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly my cereal arrived. Overall, the entire order process was a breeze.

I wish I hadn't gone the greedy, indulgent route with the chocolate covered goji berries, though. They are tasty, sure, but they are also covered in chocolate. And since this is cereal, I should have opted for the less dessert-like option of plain gojis. So that's on me. I mean, they are super tasty, but I have to pick them out when my son has the cereal (and he loves it, so he keeps asking for it). If I didn't, he'd be covered in a chocolate mess and that's just no way to start the day!

Anyway, I really like the taste of the cereal as a whole and the individual ingredients on their own. It's a bit pricey for cereal but I look at it like this: The ingredients are all high-quality and organic and each order is custom, all of which comes at a premium. Since I've been eating my cereal as a snack, I look at the price as being comparable to what I would spend on energy bars. And when thought about that way, the price isn't high at all.

Head on over to the [me] & goji web site to check out the cereal. It's yummy! For real!

* * *

Happy Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

~ Felice

20 comments:

tfh said...

Looks super healthy, and I love all the choose-your-own ingredients that I don't see in any of the cereals I normally buy. Hope the race last night went well and you had fun cheering!

Diana said...

How was the race?

Cool idea. I will definately check it out.

Marlene said...

Love the idea! I just had some fun playing around... maybe I'll treat myself and actually order some!

NY Wolve said...

I have tried another custom cereal site and it was wonderful. Plus, I did with my kids,and they had a blast and love the product, delivered to our door with their name on it. I just followed your link and sent a gift certificate to someone...online promotion at its finest!

Felice Devine said...

NY Wolve: Cool! I hope they like their cereal!

Diana: The race was HOT!! But, it was lots of fun cheering.

Unknown said...

what's a goji berry?

Lindsay said...

this sounds super cool! i'm gonna have to check it out. there's a granola one too if you didn't know - "mixmygranola". can't blame ya on throwing the chocolate in there :)

Denise said...

I just tried this out myself...it was so fun to make and tasted great!

Chic Runner said...

I am going to post my review soon too! :) glad you liked it, i really liked mine too :)

Felice Devine said...

Lisa -- They are little red berries that have lots of antioxidants and phytochemicals. They've been used by Chinese herbalists for years. They taste pretty good, although in my mix they are covered in chocolate, so anything would taste good! I'd like to try them plain.

I Run for Fun said...

Great idea...custom cereal! Love it.

Aron said...

I am slightly obsessed with cereal :)

love the new look!!! have a great weekend :)

Abby said...

I want to become a cereal reviewer!

J said...

Sounds pretty good right now for a midnight snack ( or like a 10pm snack lol!) Have a good weekend!

The Laminator said...

Have a good weekend!

Casey said...

That sounds great! I'll have to check it out!

ECrunnergirl said...

Wow that custom cereal idea is great...Im addicted to cereal and will eat it straight from the box! Thanks for sharing :-)

X-Country2 said...

I'd pick out the chocolate and eat it all for myself! Nom nom nom!

RunnerDude said...

Man, that's so cool! I'm definitley going to create me some RunnerDude cereal!

Heather C said...

thats awesome!!! I want to try this! your cereal sounds delicious, and if your son likes it, thats the true taste test, right? ;) very cool

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...