Saturday, May 9, 2009

Friday review, a day late (this is becoming a habit . . . )

A while ago, and I've lost track of when because that's what happens when you get to be my age, I received two pairs of WrightSock socks to try and review. Since I love all things running gearish, I was very happy to try out the running-specific socks named, appropriately, Running II, as well as the pair of Coolmesh socks.

I will admit upfront that I am a Drymax-loving girl so there was a bit of comparison going on when I tried the new socks. For me, Drymax won out. I liked the Running II socks because they had a snug fit around the arch. But, I don't know, they just weren't right for me. The WrightSock socks are double-layer, to prevent blisters (you can read about it here), and I guess the double-layer thing doesn't work so well for me. They seemed slippery. To me, it felt as if the two layers just moved in different directions and I felt like my feet were slipping. It was weird. Maybe they were a little too big? I'm not sure -- there's a possibility that they would have slipped less if they were tighter but I just don't know.

Wearing these socks for cross-training, however, was fine. I didn't have the same slipping issues and the socks felt comfortable and kept my feet dry. But, for running, I plan to stick to my Drymax.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

~ Felice

9 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I've always done Smart Wool, but I'm going to give Drymax a shot. Thanks for the review.

N.D. said...

WrightSocks are AWEEEEEESOME

Marlene said...

Definitely agree. I love the socks!

Have a great weekend.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

haven't tried the drymax, but loved the Wrightsocks. Happy Mother's Day!

X-Country2 said...

I haven't tried drymax either, but I've heard pretty good things. I'm fighting serious blisters right now, so maybe I need some decent socks.

RunToTheFinish said...

i really really love my drymax

raulgonemobile said...

I've only been using the socks from Target, the C9 ones.. I should branch out..

Denise said...

Thanks for the review! I love running socks.

joyRuN said...

Good timing - my feet were slipping all over the stinking place during my run today. The ball of my left foot is actually a little sore from all that slippage!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...