Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Get writing! And eating!

I know that this is a running blog but today I am going to encourage two other things: writing and eating. What pleasures, this writing and eating stuff. I think you should do more of it.

First, eating. Today is Cinco de Mayo so why not enjoy a little guacamole? Or a margarita? Salt, no salt, it doesn't really matter. Just enjoy. Please. Because I can't -- no avocados in the house (where was my brain when I went to the market?) and I have a meeting this evening (so the margarita is out). I did, however, have some hummus spread on a tortilla for lunch. That's gotta count for something, right?

Second, writing. Have you seen RunPedia at Runner's World? It's a running encyclopedia and anyone can submit an article. Check it out! Also, Saucony is holding a contest for $1000 worth of gear here. Put on your clever cap and give it a go!

And now running. Excellent run on Sunday: 5.2 miles at 8:57 pace. I'm getting much better at slowing my pace for the easy runs. Today's run? We'll see. Planning for a quick one during nap time, if I can get everything else done before that. Where did I put those balancing skills, anyway?

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

~ Felice

20 comments:

Aileen said...

I will work on that margarita...just because you said to ;)

tfh said...

Thanks for the links!

Yes, writing and eating are great pleasures indeed. And reading. And occasionally having one too many margaritas. With salt, please. I need to replenish my electrolytes.

Diana said...

How about my favorite salsa? May have to go pick some up. Yummy!

Marlene said...

Ahh, so many pleasures and so little time!

No guac or margs for me either, but happy cinco de mayo!

Casey said...

We don't have anything here, either. So, I am eating a can of oysters. Cravings, I tell ya.

RunToTheFinish said...

oh baby thanks for the saucony link...I think I'm working on passing the mexican today my tummy says it's a no go

Lindsay said...

i may have to go for a cinco de mayo cerveza! thanks for that saucony link! sounds awesome :)

Alisa said...

Nice work on the "slow" run...haha that's fast for me!

I had chicken fajitas for lunch...mmmmmmm...margarita is out for me too, late work meeting. =(

J said...

I might just go and get myself some salsa and chips right now! The Runpedia looks cool, thanks for the link.

I Run for Fun said...

Hope you got your run in.

Thanks for the heads up...both look interesting.

Anonymous said...

anything on a 'tortilla' totally counts for Cinco de mayo. One of my best friends is visiting - starting today (until thursday) - and we planned on Tacos. except we opened the bottle of wine at 4:30 and ended up making cupcakes for her belated birthday, as well as some homemade salsa. So, ya know, whatever you can fit in. ;)

Marci said...

I downed a Corona, does that count? :)

Abby said...

For some reason, this post made me very happy.

I'm jealous that you get to write for a living :)

Jocelyn said...

I didn't have my margarita either...but I've been dreaming about it!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

damit, that's what I meant to look for at the grocery store today, guacamole, and I forgot! Ugh. :)

joyRuN said...

sbj! that's your pace slowing down?!?! Daaaannnnggg!

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to check out the Saucony contest and also the runpedia. Thanks for sharing.

Run DMT said...

Love, love, love Mexican food and margaritas of course!

Great run! Well done!

Thanks for visiting me! Come back again soon!

Ace said...

Second pass on the guac, but only because you said so... :)

Marcy said...

Oooooo RunPedia. I'm going to have to check this B out! Wonder what kind of articles they have in there HAHA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...